MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE STUDENT BODY REPRESENTATIVES FOR 2020-2021
|DAY VICE PRESIDENT|
|EVENING VICE PRESIDENT|
|SENIOR CLASS PRESIDENT|
|SENIOR CLASS REPRESENTATIVE|
|JUNIOR CLASS PRESIDENT|
|DANIEL ST. VINCENT|
|SOPHOMORE CLASS PRESIDENT|
Are you interested in joining the newly elected officers of the Student Government Association to take the SGA to the next level? Applications for vacancies will available electronically in July 2020!
There are currently nine (14) vacant positions within the Student Government Association:
- Recording Secretary (1)
- Corresponding Secretary (1)
- Senior Class Representative (2)
- Junior Class Representative (3)
- Sophomore Class Representative (3)
- Freshman Class President (1)
- Freshman Class Representative (3)
There are also six (6) vacant Faculty-Student Disciplinary Committee (FSDC) student positions available.
The following guidelines apply to a student that is holding office, whether by election, appointment, or ex-officio status in the Student Government Association or FSDC. In the guidelines, credit hours refer to actual credits, and not equivalent or contact hours. Position holders for a leadership position must be enrolled in a degree or credit-bearing certificate program at Medgar Evers College and meet the following criteria:
- A student must be enrolled or planning to be enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester to be certified for the appointed position.
- Full-time students must plan to carry a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Part-time students must plan to carry a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- To serve each semester, a student must have completed and earned a passing grade for at least 50% of the credits for which they were registered in the prior semester, but in no event less than 3 credits.
- Executive Officers (i.e., SGA Secretary) must have at least a 2.7 cumulative GPA. A cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 is required for all Council Positions (i.e., Class Representative, FSDC member).
- Those seeking or holding office must not have any pending disciplinary action.
In addition, interested students should complete an application and submit a letter of intent outlining their leadership experience. A desire to serve the student body and willingness to be a change agent is also welcome.